Now that you have purchased loose leaf tea from The Natural Branches Store here is how you prepare them.
Add 16 oz of water to pot, bring to a boil, then minimize heat to low..
Place 1 tea spoon of herbs into your pot & stir herbs every few minutes until water is tinted and herbs marinated. 25-45 minute best results.
To remove tea, pour herb water through a tight mesh strainer into cup to filter put the herbs.
If you have a teapot with mesh just add 2 teaspoons to the mesh net, pour in hot steaming water, steep 25-45 min before pouring.
If you have a tea ball infuser You can add 2 teaspoons of herbs into the mesh, add it to your steeping water for 25 to 45 minutes then enjoy.
Chef Franco usually enjoys tea with a few squeezes of key lime. Some folks
enjoy tea with agave as a sweetener.
He also always prefers Dr Sebi Inspired Alkaline Healing Herbs.
This list below is for informational purposes only.
It is not and exact reflection of our herbal inventory
We do not claim to cure anyone.
You do not need FDA approval to heal thyself .
• ACAI BERRY – Helps combat the signs of premature aging, healthy fats,
dietary fiber and phytosterols help promote both cardiovascular and
digestive tract health, amino acids helps sustain healthy muscles, essential
fatty acids aid in the absorption of Omega-3 fish oil which helps make cell
membranes more supple, which in turn optimizes cellular function and
• ACEROLA BERRY – Natural source of Vitamin C.
• AGRIMONY - Promotes digestion; soothes irritated digestive system;
temporary relief of symptoms of gastrointestinal distress associated with
diarrhea; diuretic; supports kidney health.
• ALFALFA - Restorative tonic; promotes stamina, endurance & vitality;
healthy digestion; builds healthy blood; supports blood cleansing; promotes
joint health; soothes the intestines; supports healthy cholesterol levels; mild
diuretic; helpful during menopause.
• ALLSPICE - Indigestion; gas; aromatic stimulant; culinary spice.
• ALOES CAPE - Occasional constipation (often effective within 15-18 hours);
promotes healthy digestion; expels parasites.
• ALOE VERA - Burns
• ANGELICA - Indigestion; heartburn; gas; intestinal health; appetite
stimulant; colic; bronchial aid; menstrual cramps.
• ANISE - Promotes digestion; alleviates gas, bloating, nausea, belching; colic;
promotes healthy respiratory function; coughs; flavoring for unpleasant
tasting herbal teas; culinary spice. Great herb to help ward off the flu (main
ingredient in Tamiflu). Birds also love this wonderful treat!!
• ARNICA - Soothes temporary muscle and nerve discomfort; bruises; minor
muscle pain; joint discomfort.
• ARROWROOT - Diarrhea; gastrointestinal complaints; in a nourishing mix
convalescents; culinary ingredient for fruit sauces, glazes, soufflés, and
custards; skin care ingredient.
• ASHWAGANDA - Helps body adapt to physical & mental stress; promotes
energy; restorative tonic; eases tension and stress; supports nervous system
health; blood builder; restores sexual energy; supports the immune system;
supports thyroid health.
• ASPARAGUS – Supports healthy urinary tract function, flushes urinary
• ASTRAGALUS - Supports healthy immune function; cancer prevention;
promotes resistance to disease; energy; boosts stamina; supports liver and
spleen function; digestive support; blood pressure health.
• BACOPA MONNIERI - nervous system disorders, indigestion, respiratory
ailments, impotence, infertility, and arthritic pain.
• BARBERRY - Promotes liver & gall bladder health; occasional constipation;
intestinal parasites; promotes digestion; supports immune system; spleen
health; ring worm; promotes healthy skin.
• BASIL - Culinary spice; indigestion; gas; nausea; colds; cough; fever;
intestinal parasites; headache; acne (facial wash); insect bites and stings (skin
wash); fungal skin infections, ringworm, thrush (skin wash).
• BAY LEAVES - Colds; chest problems (ointment); gas; indigestion; colic;
• BAYBERRY - Colds (clears congestion in chest); coughs; sore throat;
sinusitis; laryngitis; tonsillitis; diarrhea; soothes mucous membranes; skin
diseases; stimulates lymphatic drainage.
• BEE POLLEN - Naturally rich in vitamins, minerals, enzymes and trace
elements and may be beneficial for metabolism, digestion, acne, age spots,
wrinkles, workout recovery, male and female reproductive systems and
libido, immune response, depression, allergies, constipation colitis, anemia,
circulatory disorders and hair loss.
• BEET ROOT - Used for coughs and infections, nutritious food additive, color
dye, blood pressure, cholesterol.
• BENTONITE CLAY – Weight loss, bowel cleansing; improve colitis. May be
made into a poultice by mixing with distilled water. Wrap wound in plastic so
the clay doesn’t fall off for 20-45 minutes. The clay will help to attract and
pull out toxins in the bloodstream and surface tissue.
• BILBERRY - Support healthy blood sugar levels; eye function; eye fatigue;
glaucoma; urinary tract health; temporary relief of gastrointestinal
symptoms associated with diarrhea.
• BLACK DRAWING SALVE – Cysts; infections.
• BLACK COHOSH - Supports menopausal health; hormonal balance; PMS;
helpful during menstruation; menstrual cramps; supports a healthy female
cycle; anti-spasmodic; supports healthy blood pressure; joint health;
muscular discomfort; respiratory health.
• BLACK HAW - Supports menstrual pain, cramps, asthma, arthritis,
rheumatism, headaches, reduce fever, pain relief, postpartum pain, chronic
uterine inflammation, muscle relaxant, lowers blood pressure, sedative,
• BLACK WALNUT - Parasites, worms; fungal skin infections, eczema,
herpes; candida, thrush; impetigo; canker sores; boils; prolapsed organs;
diarrhea, dysentery; sore gums; gargle for tonsillitis; internal infections;
blood cleanser; balance blood sugar levels.
• BLADDERWRACK - Natural source of iodine; promotes thyroid health and
function; promotes thermogenesis; occasional constipation.
• BLESSED THISTLE - Improves sluggish appetite; indigestion; stimulates
bile flow & secretion of gastric juices; constipation; liver congestion,
jaundice; gallbladder complaints; hormonal imbalance, regulates menstrual
cycle; menopausal symptoms (headaches); circulation; increase milk
• BLOOD ROOT - Respiratory health; coughs; sinus congestion; skin
• BLUE COHOSH - Promotes balance in a woman's cycle; menstrual cramps;
PMS; reproductive tonic; joint discomfort; muscle cramps.
• BLUE VERVAIN - Stress; nervous irritability;central nervous system aid,
premenstrual tension; stress headache; migraine; indigestion; gall bladder function;
upper respiratory health; supports circulation.
• BLUE VIOLET - Blood purifier, acne, boils, psoriasis, eczema, skin
eruptions/inflammations, breast inflammation, ulcers.
• BONESET - Fever; colds with fever; chills; flu; coughs; bronchitis; upper
respiratory congestion; catarrh (inflammation of mucous membrane); pain;
immune stimulant; constipation; arthritis.
• BORAGE - Bronchitis; coughs; fevers; mucous membrane inflammation;
pleurisy; eye inflammation, sore, irritated eye (eyewash); exhausted
adrenals; cardio tonic- strengthens the heart; soothes nervous conditions.
• BROMELAIN – Digestive aid, joint inflammation, cardiovascular disease,
• BUCKTHORN - Supports occasional constipation; bowel cleanser;
gallbladder function; intestinal parasites.
• BUCHU – Urinary tract infections; prostate; gums; rheumatism; bruises;
• BURDOCK - Support healthy liver & kidney function; help facilitate
removal of toxins from body; anemia; promotes healthy skin and joints; skin
irritations; supports healthy lymphatic system; Fibromyalgia relief.
• BUTCHERS BROOM – Increase vein circulation.
• CALAMUS - Stomach tonic; stimulates appetite; promotes digestion;
intestinal gas; heartburn; prevents fermentation in stomach.
• CALENDULA - Inflammatory conditions; gastritis; skin inflammation &
irritations (eczema, rashes); burns; cuts; bruises; promotes wound healing;
hemorrhoids; menstrual irregularities (excessive menstruation); blood
purifier; glandular swelling; lymphatic cleansing; cysts.
• CAMU CAMU - Alternative Vitamin C supplement, mix in drinks or tea,
blend into smoothies or yogurt.
• CARAWAY - Indigestion, gas, nausea, colic, bloating, feeling of fullness,
gastrointestinal cramps, loss of appetite, nervous gastric complaints; uterine
cramps, menstrual cramps; expectorant; inflammation of mouth & pharynx;
antiseptic; spasms; culinary spice.
• CAROB - thickening agent & baking aid; diarrhea; vomiting; indigestion;
inflammation of intestines & colon.
• CASCARA SAGRADA - Occasional constipation; promotes regularity; stool
softener; colon health; healthy intestinal function; gas; digestive health;
expels intestinal parasites (used in formulas).
• CATNIP - Childhood colds & colic; controls fever, especially in children;
digestive aid (gas, bloating, stomach upsets); nervousness; stress; insomnia;
relieves spasms; muscular menstrual cramps; pain reliever; insect
• CAT’S CLAW - Antioxidant; supports immune health; supports intestinal
and digestive health; maintains joint comfort; environmental allergies.
• CAYENNE - Circulatory tonic; cardiovascular function; arterial health;
improves digestion; alleviates gas, upset stomach and nausea; improves
metabolism; respiratory health; arthritis; pain; culinary spice.
• CELERY SEED - Support joint health & comfort; promotes urinary tract
health; promotes bladder health; supports kidney functions; promote
circulation; supports healthy digestion; culinary spice.
• CHAMOMILE – Asthma; indigestion; hyperacidity; bloating; feeling of
fullness; mild spasmodic gastrointestinal complaints; sluggish bowels; weak
stomach; acid reflux; loss of appetite; tonic; anxiety; nervousness;
restlessness; rheumatism; wash for sore & weak eyes; skin wash for sores.
• CHAPARRAL - Herbal antioxidant; blood cleanser; supports internal
cleansing; herbal detoxifier; immune system support; cancer prevention;
helps eliminate intestinal parasites; promote skin health; supports joint
• CHARCOAL ACTIVATED - treatment of poisoning, by adding water to the
powder to make a paste, activated charcoal can be used as an external
application to alleviate pain and itching from bites and stings, absorb gas in
the bowels, bowel cleansing and has been used for the treatment of gas or
diarrhea, treatment of staph infection when mixed with Psyllium seed husk
• CHASTE TREE BERRIES - Helps balance the female cycle; promote
hormonal balance (progesterone production); mild mood changes and fluid
retention associated with the menstrual cycle; promotes reproductive health-
reproductive tonic; menopause support. Wonderful for horses suffering
from Cushing’s Syndrome/Disease.
• CHIA - Promotes gentle regularity, remedy for eye disorders and as a
mucilaginous herb, which when mixed with water, has a soothing effect on
inflamed, irritated mucous membranes.
• CHICORY - Promotes healthy digestion; soothes upset stomach; supports
liver function; intestinal health; blood purifier.
CHICKWEED - Irritated digestive tract; irritated skin; hives; diuretic;
supports urinary system; water retention associated with menstrual cycle;
blood purifier; respiratory health; mucus congestion; cellulite elimination
• CINNAMON - Aromatic culinary spice; adds sweet flavor to medicinal teas;
promotes digestion; alleviates gas, bloating; supports healthy glucose
metabolism; maintains healthy cholesterol & triglyceride already within
normal range; warming circulatory tonic; insect repellent.
• CLEAVERS - Water retention; urinary tract infection; kidney & bladder
stones; urinary sediment; prostate irritation; swollen lymph glands; blood
cleanser; fevers; acne; eczema; psoriasis; arthritis; wounds; sores; mastitis.
• CLOVES - Indigestion (particularly with belching & nausea); bad breath;
stomach & intestinal gas; diarrhea; colds; bronchial catarrh; culinary spice
for cookies, spice cakes and in some meat & fish dishes.
• COLTSFOOT - Coughs (dry, persistent, hacking, smoker's cough); sore
throat; hoarseness; excess mucus; promotes free breathing.
• COMFREY - Promotes healthy tissue repair and supports cartilage and joint
function, tendon and muscle discomfort, as well as to soothe irritated skin; as
a rinse for thinning hair.
• CORDYCEPS MUSHROOM - Contains complex sugars and other nutrients
which seem to strongly nourish and activate various components of the
immune system, useful in treating cancer, pain relief, chronic fatigue and
other immune disorders. Other benefits include positive effects on the
cardiovascular and nervous systems, and an anti-aging effect.
• CORIANDER - Indigestion; loss of appetite; gas; bloating; bladder
complaints; strengthens the urinary tract; a weak tea relieves diarrhea &
colic in children.
• CORN SILK - Promotes healthy urinary function; supports normal urinary
flow; promotes fluid balance; kidney & bladder health; calming effect on
bladder; promotes prostate health; supports healthy blood pressure.
• CRAMP BARK - Abdominal cramps; uterine cramps; leg cramps; muscular
cramps & tension; menstrual cramps; relaxes ovaries and uterus; spasms;
convulsions; postpartum pain; asthma.
• CULVERS - Supports liver function; gallbladder health; promotes healthy
digestion; occasional constipation.
• CUMIN – Asthma; bloating; colic; gas; nausea; diarrhea; improves appetite;
indigestion; headaches (caused by indigestion); antispasmodic. Used in
veterinary medicines for stomach disorders as well; culinary spice.
• DAMIANA - Maintains healthy sexual function; supports male libido; herbal
tonic promotes energy; promotes prostate health; urinary tract health;
promotes positive mood; nervous system support; promotes hormone
• DANDELION LEAF – Diuretic, weight loss.
• DANDELION ROOT - Liver & gallbladder complaints; control blood sugar;
blood purifier; constipation; gastric disorders; loss of appetite, indigestion;
aids digestion of fats; improves appetite & digestion; anemia; high
cholesterol; eczema, psoriasis; Fibromyalgia relief; weight loss.
• DEVIL’S CLAW - Joint discomfort; indigestion; gas; gout; occasional
heartburn; bloating; support liver & gallbladder functions; Fibromyalgia
• DONG QUAI - Supports female reproductive health; hormonal balance;
PMS; balance female cycle; menopausal health; uterine tonic; builds healthy
blood; promote circulation; cardiovascular support; blood pressure health;
• DULSE - Rich in absorbable minerals, use as a condiment or sprinkled on
salads and soups.
• ECHINACEA – Asthma; supports healthy immune function; supports
lymphatic system; cancer aid; blood purifier; sore throat (gargle); colds and
• ELDER - Tonic; colds; flu; coughs; fever; diarrhea; diuretic- promotes
urinary and bladder health.
• ELECAMPANE – Respiratory congestion; respiratory infections; bronchitis;
asthma; emphysema; coughs; chest colds; excess mucus; intestinal parasites;
indigestion and other digestive complaints.
• EUCALYPTUS - Coughs, bronchitis, colds, flu, sore throat, respiratory
congestion, fevers, digestive complaints, inhalant, flea control for animals,
EYEBRIGHT - Promotes eye health; glaucoma; maintains healthy vision;
irritated eyes; allergy eyes; hay fever; supports healthy histamine levels;
supports healthy sinuses; respiratory congestion.
• FENNEL - Digestive aid; prevents & relieves intestinal gas; infant colic;
increase quantity & quality of mothers milk; expectorant for coughs;
bronchitis; trapped mucus in throat; sedative; appetite suppressant; culinary
• FEVERFEW - Supports head wellbeing; supports blood vessel tone;
promotes circulation; anti-spasmodic; menstrual cramps; PMS; supports a
healthy female cycle; supports healthy blood pressure; joint health;
• FENUGREEK - Supports healthy digestion; gas; maintains healthy lung and
respiratory function; bowel support; supports healthy blood sugar &
cholesterol levels; supports normal triglyceride levels; menopause support
(hot flashes); promotes healthy milk production.
• FLAX SEED - Occasional constipation; stool softener; promotes digestive
health; digestive tract irritation.
• FO-TI - Tonic; tones liver & kidneys; infertility; impotence; blood sugar
levels; hypoglycemia; constipation (particularly elderly); high cholesterol;
nervous exhaustion; backaches; hypertension; digestive aid; strengthens
cardiovascular system; early menopause.
• FRANKINCENSE - Applied as a salve and liniment for rheumatism, wounds
& athletic injuries, common ingredient in incense, perfume & potpourris.
• GARCINIA CAMBOGIA - Weight loss.
• GARLIC - Supports healthy blood pressure; antibacterial; maintains
cholesterol levels already within normal range; promotes heart health;
circulatory health; supports lymphatic function; blood purifier; intestinal
parasites; immune health; culinary spice; colds and flu; sinus congestion and
sinusitis; insect repellent; Fibromyalgia relief.
• GENTIAN - Indigestion; strengthens digestion; stomachache; gastric
disorders; heartburn; loss of appetite; liver disorders; jaundice; blood
cleanser; increases circulation; strengthens the pancreas, spleen & kidneys;
• GINGER – Acid reflux; cancer aid; improve circulation (extremities);
digestive aid; flatulence; colic; intestinal gas; lung congestion; expectorant;
bronchial spasms; opens sinuses; relieves pain; colds and flu; motion sickness
and nausea; morning sickness; joint health; weight loss.
• GINKGO - Promote healthy brain function; supports circulation;
antioxidant; anti-aging tonic; Fibromyalgia relief; Tinnitus (ringing in ear)
combined with Turmeric.
• GINSENG-ASIA - Supports energy; helps body adapt to physical & mental
stress; boosts stamina & vitality; restores sexual energy; improves mental
performance & concentration; supports hormone balance; immune system
support; Fibromyalgia relief.
• GOAT’S RUE – Increase breast milk production; original med for treating
• GOLDENSEAL - Healthy immune response (best used at first sign of
symptoms); urinary tract; respiratory system support; digestive tonic; sore
throat, canker sores, irritated gums (gargle/mouthwash); cysts.
• GOLDENSEAL SALVE – All purpose healing salve; cysts; cuts; scrapes;
• GOTU KOLA - Promotes physical & mental energy; anti-aging tonic;
memory & brain tonic; nervousness; promotes circulation; promotes healthy
• GRAPESEED - potent and powerful antioxidant, protects against cancer and
repairs connective tissue, recommended as anti-oxidants, strengthens all the
blood vessels and improves the delivery of oxygen to the cells.
• GRAVEL ROOT/QUEEN OF THE MEADOW - Kidney & bladder stones;
cystitis; inflammation of the urethra; prostatitis; water retention; bursitis;
gout; rheumatism; lumbago; menstrual bloating.
• GRAVIOLA - is helping millions of people fight through their cancer
treatment; cancer prevention.
• GUARANA - Stimulant; fatigue; stamina; energy; mental alertness;
headaches- migraine, menstrual; diuretic; appetite suppressant; diarrhea;
• GUAR GUM - Cholesterol control; blood sugar support (consult physician);
digestive complaints; constipation; healthy bowel activity (part of a fiber
• GUGGUL RESIN – Promotes cardiovascular health, helps to maintain
• GYMNEMA SYLVESTRIS – Supports healthy blood sugar levels, reduce
• HAWTHORN - Promotes cardiovascular health; supports healthy blood
flow; supports healthy blood pressure; maintains blood vessel health;
antioxidant nutrition; helps ease stress.
• HIBISCUS - Tasty, non-caffeinated herbal tea; supports healthy blood
pressure; maintains healthy cholesterol; indigestion.
• HOPS - Occasional sleeplessness; relief of stress; restlessness; simple nervous
tension; promotes relaxation; relaxes tense muscles; supports healthy
• HOREHOUND - Coughs; colds; bronchitis; asthma; sore throat; hoarseness;
laryngitis; excessive mucus; lung congestion; catarrh (inflammation of air
passage, involving nose, throat or lungs); fever; digestive aid; liver tonic;
laxative (in large doses).
• HORNY GOAT WEED – Slow the aging process, stimulates sexual activity
in both men and women.
• HORSERADISH - Culinary spice; increase flow of urine and stimulate
kidney and bladder activity (diuretic); urinary tract infections; respiratory
congestion; sinusitis and sinus congestion.
• HORSETAIL SHAVEGRASS - Supports healthy urinary tract; promotes
kidney & bladder health; strong bones; healthy hair (thinning hair), skin &
nails; split ends; supports healthy blood circulation.
• HYDRANGEA - Prevent and aid passing of kidney and bladder stones &
gravel; bladder infections; fluid retention; mild diuretic; prostatitis; urinary
infection; calcium deposits; arthritis; rheumatism; gout; laxative.
• HYSSOP - Asthma; bronchitis; cough; cold; heavy, congested feeling in head
& chest; fevers; flu; sore throat (gargle-may be combined with Horehound &
Sage); hoarseness; wheezing; hay fever; chronic catarrh; indigestion; gas;
• IRISH MOSS - Bronchitis; catarrh (inflammation of air passages involving
nose, throat & lungs); cough; lung congestion; peptic ulcers; digestive aid;
gastritis; diarrhea; cystitis; convalescence; dietary bulking agent;
strengthens glandular system (iodine content).
• JUNIPER - Strengthens the stomach and acts as a digestive tonic, and has
been recommended for loss of appetite and to improve digestion, diuretic,
• KAVA KAVA - Promotes physical & mental relaxation; helps reduce tension
& stress; occasional sleeplessness; helps ease muscle discomfort.
• KELP - Natural iodine source; supports thyroid function and glandular
health; promotes metabolism; cellulite elimination support; promotes healthy
hair, skin & nails; soothes irritated throat; occasional constipation.
• KOLA NUTS – Mild stimulant, endurance increases and hunger is driven
out, better concentration and gives a clear head, good replacement for coffee.
• KUDZU - Alcohol cravings, thirst, headaches, stiffness, antioxidant, blood
pressure, digestive aid, and pain.
• LAVENDER - Stress, anxiety, nervous exhaustion, depression headaches;
stomach problems, nausea, vomiting; burns; cysts; hair loss (oil). A relaxing,
soothing bath for insomnia & tension.
• LECITHIN (SOY) – Bread dough enhancer, culinary ingredient, body care
ingredient, horse health.
• LEMON BALM - Occasional sleeplessness; helps concentration; anxiety;
stress; nervous tension; irritability; nervous indigestion; acid reflux; gas;
nausea; headaches; herpes (topical); hyperactivity; shingles (topical);
• LEMON GRASS - Colds; fevers; flu; colic; headaches; nervousness;
bronchitis; indigestion; gas; diarrhea; as a bath herb to relieve sore muscles;
improves taste of medicinal-tasting teas; insect repellent.
• LEMON VERBENA – Asthma; indigestion; flatulence; nausea;
stomachache; diarrhea; colds; fever; sinus congestion; insomnia; mild
antispasmodic; sore throat; tonsillitis.
• LICORICE – Acid reflux, bad breath, supports upper respiratory tract; sore
throat; hoarseness; gastrointestinal health; acid indigestion; adrenal tonic;
stress; promotes energy; hormone balance; blood purifier; Fibromyalgia
• LINDEN - Stress; anxiety; restlessness; insomnia; colds; flu; fever;
headaches; relaxes spasms; diuretic; hypertension; indigestion; bath herb for
relaxation; mouth sores (gargle); skin rashes (compress).
• LOBELIA - Asthma; bronchitis; bronchial spasms; cough; colds; excessive
mucus; fever; pleurisy; muscle spasms; muscle relaxant; convulsions.
• MACA - Herbal tonic; supports healthy energy levels; promotes endurance;
boosts stamina; maintains healthy sexual function; increases sexual desire &
satisfaction; supports reproductive health; builds healthy blood; supports
male & female hormonal balance.
• MANDRAKE - powerful laxative for constipation and bowel function.
• MARJORAM - Indigestion, sour stomach, loss of appetite; nervous
headaches; cramps (menstrual); coughs; culinary seasoning.
• MARSHMALLOW - Relieves irritated mucous membrane of mouth &
throat and associated cough; soothing gargle; eyewash for sore, inflamed
eyes; colitis; increase and enrich flow of mother's milk; making
marshmallows the old-fashioned way.
• MATE (YERBA) - Fatigue (mental & physical); nervous exhaustion; lack of
stamina; nervous depression; headaches (nervous & fatigue); fluid retention;
rheumatism; digestive aid; weight loss aid (suppresses appetite, may promote
fat burning); immune system support.
• MAITAKE MUSHROOM - boost immunity, fend off infections, pain relief
and fight cancer.
• MILK THISTLE - Promotes liver health; liver & gallbladder complaints; a
specific in liver rebuilding & detoxification formulas; in antioxidant
• MISTLETOE - Hypertension (mild); headaches (high blood pressure);
arteriosclerosis; strengthens capillary walls; promotes circulation; migraines
(in a formula); calms nerves; rheumatism; joint pain; spasms.
• MOTHERWORT - Supports healthy cardiovascular function; supports
healthy blood pressure; feelings of anxiety after childbirth; menstrual
discomfort; menopause; simple nervous tension & anxiety; promotes
• MUGWORT - Expels worms and other intestinal parasites (worming
medicine for both humans & animals); helps regulate menstrual flow; bitter
tonic for improved digestion and liver function. Natural insect repellent for
moth & fleas.
• MULLEIN – Asthma; supports respiratory system; coughs (dry,
unproductive); bronchial and sinus congestion; loosens & removes mucus;
allergies/hay fever; respiratory tonic; sore throat.
• MUSTARD - Condiment; indigestion; poultice for chest congestion, cold,
coughs, joint pain & stiffness; bronchitis (tea, poultice); rheumatism (tea,
poultice); sore throat (gargle).
• MYRRH - Immune system support; enhances natural resistance; soothing
support for mucus tissue of the throat, respiratory and digestive systems;
sinus health; clears out mucus; promotes oral health; gastrointestinal health;
supports healthy female cycle.
• NETTLE - Allergies (teary eyes, runny nose) use nettle leaf; hay fever use
nettle leaf; hives use nettle leaf, increase flow of urine use nettle root; urinary
tract health use nettle root; supports kidney/bladder health use nettle root;
nutrient-rich tonic use nettle root; blood builder use nettle root; blood
purifier use nettle root; healthy hair/thinning hair use nettle root.
• NUTMEG - Culinary spice; flavoring agent; small doses relieve and prevent
intestinal gas, nausea, vomiting and indigestion; loss of appetite; increase
• OAT STRAW - Nervousness; nervous exhaustion; anxiety; stress;
posttraumatic stress; insomnia; nerve tonic; depression; improves appetite;
fatigue; spasms; strengthens muscles; shingles; menopause; rheumatism,
concentration. Topically for: eczema & neuralgia.
• OLIVE LEAF – Immune system, lower blood pressure, reduce cholesterol,
improve respiratory response and improve skin health; culinary spice.
• ORANGE PEEL - Loss of appetite; painful indigestion; intestinal gas;
nausea; abdominal pain; bloating; digestive weakness.
• OREGANO - Indigestion; gas; colic; nausea; colds; cough; congestion; flu;
fever; bronchitis; nervous headaches; reduces muscle spasms; menstrual
cramps; water retention.
• OREGON GRAPE - Blood cleanser, liver disorders, lymphatic congestion,
improves poor digestion (stimulates production of hydrochloric acid in
stomach), stimulate bile flow, constipation, acne, eczema, psoriasis, skin
diseases, glandular tonic.
• ORRIS - Helps potpourri blends retain their scent.
• PAPAIN – Indigestion, gas, nausea; bloating; sour stomach
• PAPAYA – Indigestion, gas, nausea; bloating; sour stomach.
• PAPRIKA - Culinary spice; indigestion, gas; motion sickness; mouth sores
• PARSLEY - Herbal diuretic; urinary tract & bladder health; supports
prostate function; blood pressure health; culinary spice.
• PASSION FLOWER – Asthma; promotes relaxation; calms nerves; ease
restlessness; calms simple nervous tension associated with hormonal
transitions (menopause, menstrual cycle); nervous irritability; relaxes tense
muscles; muscular cramps; menstrual cramps; occasional sleeplessness.
• PATCHOULI - Aromatic ingredient in potpourris, sachets and incense
(powdered herb); cough; colds; nausea; dandruff; skin inflammation; boils
(poultice); insect repellant.
• PAU D’ARCO - Supports healthy intestinal ecology; immune support;
antifungal; blood purifier; intestinal parasites; promotes healthy skin; tonic;
supports prostate health; joint discomfort; thrush (mouth).
• PEACH - Helps maintain fluid balance; promotes urinary and kidney health;
soothes indigestion, upset stomach and nausea; occasional constipation;
upper respiratory health.
• PENNYROYAL - Indigestion, intestinal gas, nausea, stomach tonic;
amenorrhea; menstrual pain; uterine cramps; antispasmodic; colds, fever;
mild sedative; used topically for skin irritations.
• PEPPER - Black Pepper adds flavor to almost every food of every nation in
the world. It is used in rubs, spice blends, salad dressings, and peppercorn
blends. Aids in acid reflux.
• PEPPERMINT - Indigestion; acid reflux; gas; nausea; colic; heart burn;
stomachache; loss of appetite; colitis; Crohn's disease; headache; anxiety;
tension; colds; fever; chills; bad breath; vomiting; dysmenorrhea; fatigue;
motion & morning sickness; itchy skin; joint inflammation.
• PERIWINKLE - Diarrhea; excessive menstrual bleeding (menorrhagia);
hemorrhoids; colitis; gastritis; bleeding; tension headaches; high blood
pressure; nervousness; anxiety; sore throat; excessive mucous; bleeding
gums; sores; wounds; abscesses; eczema; vaginitis.
• PLEURISY - Pleurisy; pneumonia; asthma; bronchitis; fevers; excessive
mucus; calms spasms.
• POKE - In external preparations for swollen glands; itchy skin; lymphatic
cleansing; tumors; bedsores; boils; shingles; melanoma; cancer aid; herpes;
• POPPY - Coughs; asthma; bronchitis; pleurisy; sore throats; pain; insomnia;
anxiety; stress & tension; calms nervous system.
• PRICKLY ASH - Arthritis; rheumatism; lumbago; leg cramps; varicose
veins; poor circulation; gas; nausea; lack of appetite; indigestion; stimulates
sluggish digestion; diarrhea; fever.
• PSYLLIUM SEED & HUSK - Occasional constipation; diarrhea; colon
cleanser; hemorrhoids; cholesterol support; irritated bowel; weight loss aid
(calorie-free bulking agent).
• QUASSIA - Stomach tonic; dyspepsia; improves appetite/loss of appetite;
fever; parasites (internally and as an enema); may be used topically as a hair
rinse for dandruff.
• RED BUSH ROOIBOS TEA - Indigestion; nausea, vomiting; heartburn;
stomach ulcers; constipation; irritability; nervous tension; insomnia;
hypertension; headaches; hay fever; asthma; immune boost; antioxidant;
eczema and other skin irritations (skin wash or bath).
• RED CLOVER - Promotes healthy blood & lymphatic system; supports
healthy liver function; supports healthy estrogen levels (menopausal health);
supports immune system; herbal tonic; gentle diuretic; respiratory health;
• RED RASPBERRY - Strengthens female reproductive system; strengthens &
tones uterus; threatened miscarriages; false labor; irregular or excessive
menstruation; menopausal symptoms; nausea; anemia; diarrhea; mouth
wash for sores; gargle for throat irritations.
• RED ROOT - Supports healthy lymph & liver function; spleen health; upper
respiratory health; tonsil health; sore throat.
• REISHI MUSHROOM - liver disorders, fight cancer, pain relief,
hypertension, blood lipid levels, inflammation, insomnia, stress, flu, asthma,
allergies, heart disease, high cholesterol, diabetes, headache, stomach ache,
arthritis, back pain, skin care, hair loss and Hepatitis.
• RHODIOLA - Stimulates the nervous system, decreasing depression,
enhancing work performance, eliminating fatigue, increases the body's
resistance to any type of stress by regulating the body's hormonal response,
and prevents high altitude sickness.
• RHUBARB - Constipation; diarrhea; dysentery; amenorrhea (large doses);
fever; jaundice; liver and gallbladder complaints; hemorrhoids; intestinal
worms; poultice for boils & burns.
• ROSEHIPS - Natural source of Vitamin C and bioflavonoids; immune
support; helps body maintain health; urinary tract health; stress; supports
energy levels; strengthens blood vessel walls and other tissues; promotes
• ROSEMARY - Promotes circulation; indigestion, loss of appetite and other
digestive complaints; stress; tension; nervousness; neuralgia; headaches;
enhance memory; strengthens nerves; menstrual problems; pelvic pain;
gargle for sore throat; hair loss (oil) culinary spice.
• SAFFRON - As a hot tea for colds & fever; diuretic; digestive disorders,
heartburn, gas, acid stomach; lactic acid build-up; gentle laxative, mild
bladder & bowel cleanser; colon dysfunction; bronchitis; blood clots; clears
lungs/removes phlegm; amenorrhea; culinary spice.
• SAGE - Mucus discharge; nasal drip; sinus congestion; cough; cold, flu
(early stages); sore throat; night sweats; mouth sores; sore gums; excess
saliva secretion; indigestion; nausea; dandruff, oily scalp, restore dark
highlights (hair rinse); decrease lactation, culinary spice.
• SARSAPARILLA - Arthritis (pain, swelling, inflammation); rheumatism;
joint aches & pains; blood purifier; anemia; hormone balance; menopausal
symptoms; glandular balance; acne; eczema; psoriasis; ringworm, athlete's
foot; urinary problems.
• SASSAFRAS - Blood purifier; arthritis; rheumatism; gout; skin diseases;
added to cold & flu compounds to reduce fever and induce sweating.
• SAW PALMETTO - Promotes prostate health; urinary tract health;
hormonal balance (men & women); reproductive health; healthy hair
• SCHISANDRA - Tonic; promotes energy, stamina & endurance; enhances
mental alertness; supports immune health; supports healthy liver function;
boosts sexual energy; supports kidney health; supports respiratory health.
• SCULLCAP/SKULLCAP - Promotes relaxation; supports restful sleep; eases
tension when under occasional stress; restlessness; soothes temporary muscle
and nerve discomfort; menstrual cramps; Fibromyalgia relief.
• SENNA - Acute constipation; as part of a parasite cleansing program; in
formulas for liver conditions.
• SHITAKE MUSHROOM - Healthy heart function and prevent heart
problems, energy, immunity, pain relief, fights cancer, intestinal worms,
viruses, and fatigue.
• SHEEP SORREL - Kidney ailments; jaundice; laxative; blood purifier;
diuretic; poultice for ringworm, boils & tumors.
• SHEPHERD’S PURSE - Internal bleeding; bleeding of stomach, lungs,
uterus, kidney; bleeding ulcers; postpartum bleeding; bloody urine; excessive
& painful menstruation; gentle diuretic; diarrhea; cuts, bruises; normalizes
blood pressure; hemorrhoids; varicose veins.
• SLIPPERY ELM - Supports mucus membranes of the stomach, bowel, colon,
and respiratory passages; throat irritation (tea); promotes digestive health;
occasional acid indigestion; irritated bowels; lubricates bowel (smooth &
softer elimination); nutritive tonic.
• SPEARMINT - Soothes stomach & intestinal complaints; gas; indigestion;
vomiting; nausea; morning sickness (especially if mixed with Ginger); colds;
colic; calms nerves. Due to its pleasant taste, Spearmint is also added to
herbal tea blends to enhance their flavor.
• SPIKNARD - Asthma; coughs; cold; chest infection; blood cleanser; digestive
aid; rheumatism; gout; backache; skin eruptions; wounds; bruises; swelling;
• SQUAWVINE - Childbirth; painful menstruation (dysmenorrhea); absence
or suppression of menstruation (amenorrhea); strengthen uterus; water
retention; kidney & bladder problems; nervous disorders; insomnia; sore
• ST. JOHN’S WORT - Sedative; pain; viral infections; colds; chest & lung
congestion; menstrual cramps; sciatica; arthritis; gout; diuretic;
• STEVIA - Regulate blood sugar levels (use with supervision of your health
care professional); fatigue; sugar cravings; culinary ingredient- adds a
slightly anise, licorice-like taste.
• STONE ROOT - Maintains kidney health; supports healthy urinary tract
and flow; supports venous health; promotes venous elasticity.
• STRAWBERRY - Diarrhea, dysentery, bowel problems, intestinal
sluggishness, kidney ailments (kidney stones), jaundice, blood purifier,
cleanses stomach, prevent night sweats, fevers, acne, eczema, psoriasis,
rashes, anemia, pregnancy tonic, rheumatism, arthritis, gout.
• TANSY- Compress for rheumatism, bruises, sprains, sunburn; skin care
(astringent facial toner and steam); natural insect repellant for ants, bed
bugs, fleas, and moths.
• TEA TREE OIL – Athlete’s Foot; fungal skin infections; insect repellent;
• TRIBULUS TERRESTRIS - loss of libido (sex drive), impotence, infertility,
edema, liver, kidney and heart problems, congestion, gas, headache, liver,
ophthalmia and stomatitis.
• THYME - Acute bronchitis; colds; flu; disinfectant gargle for sore throats;
childhood respiratory infections; expectorant; lack of appetite; gas; colic;
whooping cough; antibacterial agent; headaches (combined with Fenugreek);
candida albicans (capsules or tea); culinary spice.
• TONGKAT ALI - Male hormonal balance, libido and performance, enhance
energy levels, endurance and stamina, and to reduce occasional mental
• TURMERIC - Powerful source of antioxidants; culinary spice; Fibromyalgia
relief; cysts; supports joint function and mobility; promotes healthy
digestion; alleviates gas, bloating, stuffed feeling; supports healthy liver
function; promotes circulation; Tinnitus (ringing in ear) combined with
Ginkgo Biloba; maintains cholesterol levels already within normal range.
Mix 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, 1 cup vegetable juice, 1/2-2/3
tablespoon turmeric powder-heat. Turmeric mixes well with olive oil for
• UVA URSI - Supports urinary tract and bladder health; supports healthy
kidney function; soothes urinary tract discomforts; cleanses urinary passage;
increase urine flow; supports prostate health.
• VALERIAN - Supports restful sleep; relieves occasional sleeplessness; eases
tension & stress; reduces anxiety; menstrual cramps; PMS; muscle spasms;
headaches; Fibromyalgia relief.
• VANILLA – culinary spice.
• WHEATGRASS - Stimulates healing, removes necrotic debris from open
wounds, purifies the blood, aids in proper digestion, helps to detoxify the
liver, build up white blood cell counts, green juices provide easy assimilation
• WHITE OAK - Diarrhea; varicose veins (tea, skin wash, compress); weak
capillaries (compress); hemorrhoids (internally, enema, sitz bath); bleeding
gums (mouthwash); laryngitis, tonsillitis and sore throat (gargle); eczema
(compress); skin irritations.
• WHITE PINE - Colds; cough; flu; bronchitis; lung congestion; excess mucus;
catarrh (inflammation of upper respiratory tract); laryngitis; sore throats;
tonsillitis; rheumatism; kidney problems.
• WHITE WILLOW - Natural source of salicin; minor aches; promotes head
wellbeing; sore muscles; menstrual cramps; joint and back discomforts;
• WILD CHERRY - Asthma; bronchitis; loosens phlegm & hardened mucus;
coughs; colds; inflammation of mucous membranes (catarrh); indigestion,
gas, nausea, lack of appetite, nervous digestive disorders; gout.
• WILD LETTUCE - Anxiety; restlessness; stress; tension; sleeplessness; pain
reliever; cramps; coughs.
• WILD YAM - Promotes hormonal balance; supports a smooth female cycle;
menstrual cramps; muscular cramps; gastrointestinal cramps; menopausal
symptoms; digestive health; gas; nausea; calms nerves; gallbladder health;
supports joint function.
3• WINTERGREEN - Arthritis; rheumatism; headaches; back pain; muscle
pain and soreness; joint pain and swelling (hot compress, bath); upset
stomach; gas; inflammation; sore throat (gargle); culinary spice.
• WITCH HAZEL - Hemorrhoids and varicose veins (internal,
compress/salve); diarrhea; excessive bleeding; mouth & throat inflammation
(gargle); bleeding gums (mouthwash); bruises, sprains, minor skin injuries
and inflammation (skin wash); vaginitis (douche).
• WOOD BETONY - Headaches, nervous disorders, pain, exhaustion,
neuralgia, facial twitching, vertigo, hypertension, nightmares, stress,
digestive problems, spasms (muscle), stomach cramps, jaundice, liver
problems, intestinal parasites.
• WORMWOOD- Expels parasites; bitter digestive tonic; supports healthy
digestion; alleviates nausea, gas, bloating, feeling of fullness; occasional acid
indigestion; stimulates appetite; promotes liver function.
• YARROW - Internal & external bleeding; hemorrhoids; cuts, bruises; colds,
fever, flu; wash for inflammatory skin problems; cystitis; circulation;
antiinflammatory; blood cleanser; indigestion; gas; liver & gallbladder
complaints; menstrual bleeding & cramps.
• YELLOW DOCK - Supports blood cleansing; builds healthy blood; supports
liver function; supports healthy lymphatic system; promotes healthy skin;
relieves occasional constipation (mild laxative); promotes healthy digestion.
• YERBA SANTA - Allergies; hay fever; asthma; upper respiratory
inflammation; cough; opens sinuses.
• YOHIMBE – Increase sexual desire, promotes blood flow and performance,
maintains healthy sexual function, boost performance and satisfaction.
3• YUCCA - treatment for arthritis, sprains, sores, bleeding, and all sorts of
inflammation. As a shampoo, it has even been used to fight dandruff and hair
loss. Mix with water and use as a spray for pets that suffer from dry skin,
• Abdominal Pain/Stomach Cramps – Cramp Bark, Orange Peel, Wood
• Abrasions/Cuts – Cleavers, Heal All, Periwinkle, Shepherd’s Purse, Yarrow,
• Abscess – Periwinkle
• Acid Reflux – Chamomile, Fennel, Ginger, Lemon Balm, Licorice,
• Acne – Basil (facial wash), Bee Pollen, Blue Violet, Cleavers, Oregon Grape,
• Adrenal Glands – Borage, Licorice
• Age Spots, Aging – Bee Pollen, Horny Goat Weed
• Allergies – Bee Pollen, Cat’s Claw, Mullein, Nettle Leaf, Yerba Santa
• Alcohol Cravings - Kudzu
• Alzheimer’s Disease – Ginkgo, Ginseng
• Amenorrhea – Pennyroyal, Rhubarb (large doses), Saffron, Spikenard
• Anemia – Bee Pollen, Burdock, Dandelion, Raspberry, Sarsaparilla,
Strawberry, Yellow Dock,
• Anorexia Nervosa – Ginseng
• Anti-Aging – Gingko, Gotu Kola
• Antibacterial – Garlic, Thyme
• Antioxidant – Cat’s Claw, Chaparral, Gingko, Hawthorn, Kudzu, Red Bush
• Anxiety – Chamomile, Hyssop, Lavender, Lemon Balm, Linden,
Motherwort, Oat Straw, Peppermint, Periwinkle, Poppy, Valerian, Wild
• Anxiety (after childbirth) – Motherwort
• Appetite Stimulant – Angelica, Blessed Thistle, Calamus, Caraway,
Coriander, Cumin, Dandelion, Gentian, Juniper, Marjoram, Nutmeg, Oat
Straw, Orange Peel, Peppermint, Prickly Ash, Quassia, Rosemary, Thyme,
Wild Cherry, Wormwood
• Appetite Suppressant – Fennel, Guarana, Kola Nut, Mate (Yerba)
• Arterial Health - Cayenne
• Arteriosclerosis – Ginseng, Mistletoe
• Arthritis – Black Haw, Boneset, Buchu, Cayenne Pepper (topical), Cleavers,
Feverfew, Ginger, Hydrangea, Prickly Ash, Sarsaparilla, Sassafras, St.
John’s Wort, Strawberry, Tumeric, Wintergreen, Yucca
• Asthma – Black Haw, Chamomile, Cramp Bark, Cumin, Echinacea,
Elecampane, Horehound, Hyssop, Lemon Verbena, Lobelia, Mullein, Passion
Flower, Pleurisy, Poppy, Red Bush Rooibos Tea, Spikenard, Wild Cherry,
Yerba Santa. Breathe-Easy Tea - 1 quart boiling water, 1 teaspoon each
Chamomile flowers, Echinacea root, Mullein leaves and Passion flower
leaves, 1/2 teaspoon each elecampane root and lemon verbena leaves (if
available). Pour boiling water over the herbs in a saucepan and steep for 10
to 15 minutes. Strain out herbs. For a 100-pound child/adult (adjust for
weight as needed), give a half cup of tea at least once a day as a preventive,
or a few times a day when breathing becomes strained or when emotional
conditions may lead to an attack. Store extra tea in the refrigerator.
• Athlete’s Foot – Sarsaparilla, Tea Tree Oil
• Attention Deficit – Ginseng, Lemon Balm
• Backaches – Fo-Ti, Spikenard, White Willow, Wintergreen
• Bad Breath – Cloves, Licorice, Peppermint
• Bedsores - Poke
• Belching - Anise
• Bioflavonoid - Rosehips
• Bloating – Anise, Wormwood
• Bladder Health – Celery Seed, Cleavers, Coriander, Corn Silk, Cranberry,
Elder, Gravel Root, Queen of the Meadow, Horsetail, Nettle, Parsley, Peach,
Saffron, Spikenard, Uva Ursi
• Bleeding (external) – Heal All, Periwinkle, Witch Hazel, Yarrow
• Bleeding (internal) – Shepherd’s Purse, Yarrow
• Bloating – Caraway, Cinnamon, Coriander, Cumin, Devil’s Claw, Gravel
Root, Queen of the Meadow, Orange Peel, Papaya, Turmeric
• Blood Clots - Saffron
• Blood Health/Purifier – Alfalfa, Black Walnut, Blue Violet, Calendula,
Chaparral, Chickweed, Cleavers, Dandelion, Dong Quai, Echinacea, Garlic,
Gentian, Licorice, Nettle, Oregon Grape, Pau d’Arco, Red Clover,
Sarsaparilla, Sassafras, Sheep Sorrel, Spikenard, Strawberry, Yarrow,
• Blood Pressure – Astragalus, Beet Root Powder, Black Cohosh, Corn Silk,
Dong Quai, Feverfew, Fo-Ti, Garlic, Ginseng, Hawthorn, Hibiscus, Kudzu,
Linden, Mistletoe, Motherwort, Olive Leaf, Parsley, Periwinkle, Red Bush
Rooibos Tea, Shepherd’s Purse, Wood Betony
• Blood Sugar – Bilberry, Black Walnut, Cinnamon, Dandelion Root,
Fenugreek, Fo-Ti, Stevia
• Blood Vessels – Feverfew, Hawthorn, Mistletoe, Rosehips, White Oak
• Body Care – Lecithin for moisture.
• Boils – Black Walnut, Blue Violet, Patchouli (poultice), Poke, Rhubarb
(poultice), Sheep Sorrel (poultice)
• Bone Health - Horsetail
• Bowel Cleanser – Activated Charcoal, Bentonite Clay, Buckthorn,
Mandrake, Psyllium, Saffron
• Brain Functions – Gingko, Gotu Kola, Kola Nut, Oat Straw, Rosemary
• Breast Inflammation – Blue Violet
• Breast Milk Production-Increase – Blessed Thistle, Fenugreek, Goat’s Rue •
Bronchial Health – Angelica, Cloves, Ginger
• Bronchitis – Boneset, Borage, Elecampane, Eucalyptus, Fennel, Horehound,
Hyssop, Irish Moss, Lemon Grass, Lobelia, Mullein, Mustard (tea, poultice),
Oregano, Pleurisy, Poppy, Saffron, Thyme, White Pine, Wild Cherry
• Bruises – Arnica (compress), Buchu (compress), Calendula, Shepherd’s
Purse, Spikenard, Tansy (compress), Witch Hazel (wash), Yarrow
• Burns – Aloe Vera, Calendula, Lavender, Rhubarb (poultice)
• Bursitis – Gravel Root, Queen of the Meadow
• Cancer – Ginger, Graviola
• Candida – Black Walnut, Garlic, Pau d’Arco, Thyme (tea or capsules)
• Canker Sores – Black Walnut, Goldenseal
• Cardio-Tonic – Borage, Hawthorn, Motherwort
• Cartilage Function – Comfrey
• Catarrh – Cloves, Hyssop, Irish Moss, White Pine, Wild Cherry
• Cellulite Elimination – Chickweed, Kelp
• Chemotherapy – Ginseng
• Chest Health – Bay Leaves (ointment), Spikenard
• Chest Congestion – Bayberry, Coltsfoot, Elecampane, Eyebright,
Horseradish, Hyssop, Irish Moss, Mustard (tea, poultice), Oregano, St.
John’s Wort, Wild Cherry
• Childbirth – Squawvine
• Chills - Peppermint
• Cholesterol (reduce) – Alfalfa, Beet Root, Cinnamon, Dandelion, Fenugreek,
Flax Seed, Fo-Ti, Garlic, Hibiscus, Olive Leaf, Psyllium, Turmeric
• Chronic Illness (such as cancer) – Ginseng
• Circulatory Disorders – Bee Pollen, Blessed Thistle, Blue Vervain, Cayenne,
Celery Seed, Cinnamon, Dong Quai, Feverfew, Gentian, Ginkgo, Ginger (for
extremities), Gotu Kola, Horsetail, Hyssop, Mistletoe, Nutmeg, Prickly Ash,
Rosehips, Rosemary, Turmeric, Yarrow
• Coffee Replacement – Kola Nut
• Colds – Basil, Bay Leaves, Boneset, Catnip, Cloves, Elder Berries, Echinacea,
Elecampane, Eucalyptus, Garlic, Ginger, Horehound, Horseradish, Hyssop,
Lemon Grass, Lemon Verbena, Linden, Lobelia, Mustard, Onion, Oregano,
Patchouli, Pennyroyal, Peppermint, Saffron (tea), Sage, Spearmint,
Spikenard, St. John’s Wort, Thyme, White Pine, Wild Cherry, Yarrow
• Colic – Angelica, Anise, Bay Leaves, Caraway, Catnip, Cumin, Fennel,
Ginger, Lemon Grass, Oregano, Peppermint, Spearmint, Thyme
• Colitis – Activated Charcoal, Apple Pectin, Bee Pollen, Bentonite Clay,
Chamomile, Fennel Seed, Flax Seed, Marshmallow Root, Peppermint,
Periwinkle, Psyllium Seed and Husk, Slippery Elm Bark
• Colon Health – Buchu, Carob, Cascara Sagrada, Chia, Fenugreek, Psyllium,
Saffron, Slippery Elm, Strawberry
• Color Dye – Beet Root
Constipation – Barberry, Bee Pollen, Bladderwrack, Blessed Thistle,
Boneset, Buckthorn, Cape Aloes, Cascara Sagrada, Culvers, Dandelion, Flax
Seed, Fo-Ti, Horehound (large doses), Hydrangea, Kelp, Mandrake, Oregon
Grape, Peach, Psyllium, Red Bush Rooibos Tea, Rhubarb, Saffron, Senna,
Sheep Sorrel, Yellow Dock
• Convulsions – Cramp Bark, Lobelia
• Cough – Basil, Bayberry, Beet Root, Blood Root, Borage, Coltsfoot, Elder,
Elecampane, Eucalyptus, Horehound, Hyssop, Irish Moss, Lobelia,
Marjoram, Marshmallow, Mullein, Mustard, Oregano, Patchouli, Poppy,
Sage, Spikenard, White Pine, Wild Cherry, Wild Lettuce, Yerba Santa
• Cramps – Wild Lettuce
• Crohn’s Disease – Apple Pectin, Bentonite Clay, Fennel Seed and Activated
Charcoal (mixed), Flax Seed, Marshmallow Root, Peppermint, Psyllium Seed
and Husk, Slippery Elm Bark,
• Culinary Spice/Flavoring Ingredient – Allspice, Anise, Arrowroot, Basil, Bay
Leaves, Caraway, Carob, Cayenne, Celery Seed, Cinnamon, Cloves, Cumin,
Fennel, Garlic, Ginger, Horseradish, Lecithin, Lemon Peel, Marjoram,
Mustard, Nutmeg, Olive Leaf, Oregano, Orange Peel, Paprika, Parsley,
Pepper, Peppermint, Poppy Seed, Rosemary, Saffron, Sage, Spearmint;
Stevia, Thyme; Turmeric, Vanilla.
• Cushing’s Syndrome/Disease-Horses – Chaste Tree Berry
• Cystitis – Gravel Root, Queen of the Meadow, Irish Moss, Yarrow
• Cysts – Black Drawing Salve, Calendula, Goldenseal Salve, Lavender, Tea
Tree Salve, Turmeric
• Dandruff – Patchouli, Quassia (hair rinse), Sage, Yucca
• Depression – Bee Pollen, Ginkgo, Ginseng, Lavender, Mate (Yerba), Oat
• Diabetes – Goat’s Rue (the original med for type 2 diabetes)
• Diarrhea – Apple Pectin, Arrowroot, Bayberry, Bentonite Clay, Bilberry,
Black Walnut, Carob, Cloves, Cumin, Elder, Fennel Seed and Activated
Charcoal (mixed), Flax Seed, Guarana, Irish Moss, Lemon Grass, Lemon
Verbena, Marshmallow Root, Periwinkle, Psyllium Seed and Husk,
Raspberry, Rhubarb, Shepherd’s Purse, Slippery Elm Bark, Strawberry,
White Oak, Witch Hazel
• Digestive/Gastrointestinal System – Agrimony, Alfalfa, Allspice, Cape Aloes,
Anise, Arrowroot, Astragalus, Barberry, Bee Pollen, Calamus, Caraway,
Catnip, Cat’s Claw, Cayenne, Celery Seed, Chickweed, Cinnamon, Culvers,
Eucalyptus, Fennel, Flax Seed, Fo-Ti, Gentian, Ginger, Goldenseal, Hops,
Horehound, Irish Moss, Juniper, Kudzu, Mate (Yerba), Mugwort, Myrrh,
Orange Peel, Oregon Grape, Papaya, Saffron, Slippery Elm, Spikenard,
Turmeric, Wild Cherry, Wild Yam, Wood Betony, Wormwood, Yellow Dock
• Diuretic – Agrimony, Alfalfa, Birch, Celery Seed, Chickweed, Dandelion,
Guarana, Horseradish, Hydrangea, Juniper, Linden, Parsley, Red Clover,
Saffron, Sheep Sorrel, Shepherd’s Purse, St. John’s Wort
• Dysentery – Black Walnut, Rhubarb, Strawberry
• Dyspepsia – Chamomile, Fennel, Ginger, Quassia
• Eczema – Black Walnut, Blue Violet, Burdock Root (topical and internal),
Calendula, Comfrey, Cleavers, Dandelion, Oat Straw (topical), Oregon
Grape, Periwinkle, Red Bush Rooibos Tea (wash), Sarsaparilla, Strawberry,
White Oak (compress)
• Emphysema – Elecampane
• Energy – Astragalus, Damiana, Korean Ginseng, Gotu Kola, Guarana,
Licorice, Nutritional Yeast, Rosehips
• Expectorant – Caraway, Fennel, Ginger, Thyme
• Eye Health – Bilberry, Borage (eye wash), Chia, Eyebright, Marshmallow
(wash), Spikenard (wash)
• Facial Twitching – Wood Betony
• False Labor – Raspberry
• Fatigue (chronic) – Ginseng, Guarana, Lavender, Mate (Yerba), Oat Straw,
Peony, Peppermint, Stevia, Wood Betony
• Fertility – Ginseng
• Fever – Basil, Black Haw, Boneset, Borage, Catnip, Cleavers, Elder,
Eucalyptus, Horehound, Hyssop, Lemon Grass, Lemon Verbena, Linden,
Lobelia, Oregano, Pennyroyal, Peppermint, Pleurisy, Prickly Ash, Quassia,
Rhubarb, Sassafras, Strawberry, Yarrow
Fibromyalgia – Burdock Root, Dandelion, Devils Claw, Garlic, Ginkgo
Biloba, Ginseng, Licorice Root, Red Clover, Skullcap, St. Johns Wort,
Turmeric, Valerian, Willow Bark
• Flavoring Ingredient/Culinary Spice – Allspice, Anise, Arrowroot, Basil, Bay
Leaves, Caraway, Carob, Cayenne, Celery Seed, Cinnamon, Cloves, Cumin,
Fennel, Garlic, Ginger, Horseradish, Lecithin, Lemon Peel, Marjoram,
Mustard, Nutmeg, Olive Leaf, Oregano, Orange Peel, Paprika, Parsley,
Pepper, Peppermint, Poppy Seed, Rosemary, Saffron, Sage, Spearmint;
Stevia, Thyme; Turmeric, Vanilla.
• Flea Control – Pets – Eucalyptus Powder
• Flu – Anise (main ingredient in Tamiflu), Boneset, Elder, Eucalyptus, Garlic,
Ginger, Horseradish, Hyssop, Lemon Grass, Linden, Onion, Oregano,
Saffron (tea), Sage, Thyme, White Pine, Yarrow
• Food Additive (nutritious) – Beet Root
• Fungal Skin Infections – Basil (skin wash), Black Walnut, Pau d’Arco, Tea
• Gallbladder – Barberry, Blessed Thistle, Blue Vervain, Buckthorn, Culvers,
Dandelion, Devil’s Claw, Milk Thistle, Rhubarb, Yarrow, Wild Yam
• Gas – Allspice, Angelica, Anise, Basil, Bay Leaves, Calamus, Caraway,
Cayenne, Cinnamon, Cloves, Coriander, Cumin, Devil’s Claw, Fennel,
Fenugreek, Ginger, Horsetail Shavegrass, Hyssop, Lemon Balm, Lemon
Grass, Lemon Verbena, Nutmeg, Orange Peel, Oregano, Papaya, Paprika,
Pennyroyal, Peppermint, Prickly Ash, Saffron, Spearmint, Thyme,
Turmeric, Wild Cherry, Wild Yam, Wintergreen, Wormwood, Yarrow
• Gastric Disorders – Calendula, Dandelion, Gentian, Irish Moss, Licorice,
Myrrh, Periwinkle, Slippery Elm, Wild Yam
• Gastric Juices (stimulates) – Blessed Thistle
• Glands (swollen) – Poke (external)
• Glandular Health – Calendula, Irish Moss (iodine content), Kelp, Oregon
• Glaucoma – Bilberry, Eyebright
• Glucose Metabolism - Cinnamon
Gout – Cherry, Devils Claw, Gravel Root, Queen of the Meadow,
Hydrangea, Juniper, Sassafras, Spikenard, St. John’s Wort, Strawberry
• Gum Health – Black Walnut, Buchu, Goldenseal (mouthwash/gargle),
Periwinkle, Sage, White Oak (mouthwash), Witch Hazel (mouthwash)
• Hair Health – Horsetail, Kelp, Nettle Root, Sage (rinse for dark hair), Saw
• Hair Loss – Bee Pollen, Comfrey (only as a rinse), Horsetail Shavegrass,
Lavender Oil, Nettle, Rosemary Oil, Saw Palmetto, Yucca
• Hay Fever – Eyebright, Hyssop, Mullein, Nettle Leaf, Red Bush Rooibos Tea,
• Headaches – Basil, Black Haw, Cumin, Guarana, Kudzu, Lavender, Lemon
Balm, Linden, Marjoram, Mate (Yerba), Oregano, Peppermint, Periwinkle,
Red Bush Rooibos Tea, Rosemary, Thyme (combine with Fenugreek),
Valerian, Wintergreen, Wood Betony
• Heartburn – Angelica, Calamus, Devil’s Claw, Gentian, Peppermint, Red
Bush Rooibos Tea, Saffron
• Heart Health – Bugle Weed, Cayenne, Dong Quai, Fo-Ti, Garlic, Siberian
• Hemorrhoids – Calendula, Periwinkle, Psyllium, Rhubarb, Shepherd’s
Purse, White Oak, Witch Hazel (compress, salve), Yarrow
• Herpes – Black Walnut, Lemon Balm (topically), Poke
• Hives – Chickweed, Nettle Leaf
• Hoarseness – Coltsfoot, Horehound, Hyssop, Licorice
• Hormone Balance – Black Cohosh, Blessed Thistle, Chaste Tree Berries,
Damiana, Dong Quai, Korean Ginseng, Licorice, Passion Flower,
Sarsaparilla, Saw Palmetto, Wild Yam
• Hyperactivity – Ginseng, Lemon Balm
• Hypertension – Fo-Ti, Linden, Mistletoe, Red Bush Rooibos Tea, Wood
• Hypoglycemia – Fo-Ti
Immune Health – Astragalus, Barberry, Bee Pollen, Boneset, Cat’s Claw,
Chaparral, Echinacea, Garlic, Korean Ginseng, Ginseng, Goldenseal, Mate
(Yerba), Myrrh, Olive Leaf, Pau d’Arco, Red Bush Rooibos Tea, Red Clover,
• Impetigo – Black Walnut
• Impotence – Fo-Ti
• Incense – Frankincense, Patchouly
• Indigestion – Allspice, Angelica, Basil, Bay Leaves, Blessed Thistle, Blue
Vervain, Caraway, Carob, Cloves, Coriander, Cumin, Dandelion, Devil’s
Claw, Elecampane, Gentian, Hibiscus, Hyssop, Lemon Balm, Lemon Grass,
Lemon Verbena, Licorice, Linden, Marjoram, Mustard, Nutmeg, Orange
Peel, Oregano, Papaya, Paprika, Peach, Pennyroyal, Peppermint, Prickly
Ash, Red Bush Rooibos Tea, Rosemary, Sage, Slippery Elm, Spearmint, Wild
• Infections – Beet Root, Echinacea, Garlic
• Infertility – Fo-Ti
• Inflammation – Yarrow, Yucca
• Influenza – Boneset, Elder, Hyssop, Lemon Grass, Linden, Oregano, Saffron
(tea), Sage, Thyme, White Pine, Yarrow
• Internal Infections – Black Walnut
• Intestinal Health – Alfalfa, Angelica, Carob, Cascara Sagrada, Cat’s Claw,
Pau d’Arco, Spearmint
• Insect Bites & Stings – Basil (skin wash),
• Insect Repellent – Catnip, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus, Garlic, Lemon Grass,
Patchouli, Tea Tree Oil
• Insect Repellent (moth & fleas) – Mugwort, Patchouly, Tansy
• Insect Repellent (ants & bedbugs) – Tansy
• Insomnia – Catnip, Hops, Kava Kava, Lavender (bath), Lemon Balm, Lemon
Verbena, Linden, Oat Straw, Passion Flower, Poppy, Red Bush Rooibos Tea,
Spikenard, Valerian, Wild Lettuce
•Intestine Health - Sage
• Iodine Supplement – Bladderwrack, Kelp
• Irritability – Lemon Balm, Passion Flower, Red Bush Rooibos Tea
• Irritated Bowel – Slippery Elm
• Jaundice – Blessed Thistle, Gentian, Rhubarb, Sheep Sorrel, Strawberry,
• Joint Discomfort – Arnica, Blue Cohosh, Devil’s Claw, Wintergreen (hot
• Joint Health – Alfalfa, Black Cohosh, Cat’s Claw, Celery Seed, Chaparral,
Comfrey, Feverfew, Mistletoe, Mustard, Pau d’Arco, Peppermint, Turmeric,
Sarsaparilla, White Willow, Wild Yam
• Kidney Health – Agrimony, Brigham Tea, Burdock, Celery Seed, Cleavers,
Corn Silk, Fo-Ti, Gentian, Ginseng, Gravel Root, Queen of the Meadow,
Horsetail, Hydrangea, Nettle, Peach, Sheep Sorrel, Spikenard, Stone Root,
Strawberry, Uva Ursi, White Pine
• Kidney Stones – Hydrangea, Strawberry
• Lactating (decrease) - Sage
• Lactating (increase) – Fennel, Fenugreek, Marshmallow
• Lactic Acid (build up) - Saffron
• Laryngitis – Bayberry, Horehound, White Oak (gargle), White Pine
• Laxative – Cape Aloes, Barberry, Bee Pollen, Bladderwrack, Blessed Thistle,
Boneset, Buckthorn, Cascara Sagrada, Culvers, Dandelion, Flax Seed, Fo-Ti,
Horehound (large doses), Hydrangea, Kelp, Mandrake, Oregon Grape,
Peach, Psyllium, Red Bush Rooibos Tea, Rhubarb, Saffron, Senna, Sheep
Sorrel, Yellow Dock
• Leg Cramps – Cramp Bark, Prickly Ash
• Leukopenia (decrease in white blood cells – Ginseng
• Libido (Male) - Damiana
• Libido (Male & Female) – Bee Pollen
• Liver – Astragalus, Barberry, Culvers, Dandelion, Devil’s Claw, Beet Root,
Blessed Thistle, Burdock, Fo-Ti, Gentian, Horehound, Milk Thistle,
Mugwort, Oregon Grape, Red Clover, Red Root, Rhubarb, Senna, Turmeric,
Wood Betony, Wormwood, Yarrow, Yellow Dock
• Lumbago – Gravel Root, Queen of the Meadow, Prickly Ash
Lung Congestion – Bayberry, Coltsfoot, Elecampane, Ginger, Horehound,
Irish Moss, Mullein, Oregano, Saffron, St. John’s Wort, White Pine
• Lymphatic Health – Bayberry, Burdock, Calendula, Cleavers, Echinacea,
Garlic, Oregon Grape, Poke Root, Red Clover, Red Root, Yellow Dock
• Mastitis - Cleavers
• Melanoma – Poke
• Menopause – Alfalfa, Black Cohosh, Blessed Thistle, Chaste Tree Berries,
Fenugreek, Fo-Ti, Ginseng, Motherwort, Oat Straw, Passion Flower, Red
Clover, Raspberry, Sarsaparilla, Wild Yam
• Menstrual Cramps – Angelica, Black Cohosh, Black Haw, Blue Cohosh,
Caraway, Catnip, Cramp Bark, Feverfew, Marjoram, Motherwort, Oregano,
Passion Flower, Pennyroyal, Rosemary, Scullcap, Squawvine, St. John’s
Wort, Valerian, White Willow, Wild Yam, Yarrow
• Menstrual Cycle (regulates)– Blessed Thistle, Blue Cohosh, Calendula,
Chaste Tree Berries, Dong Quai, Feverfew, Mugwort, Myrrh, Periwinkle,
Raspberry, Rosemary, Shepherd’s Purse, Wild Yam, Yarrow
• Menstrual Cycle (water retention) - Chickweed
• Mental Functions – Gingko, Korean Ginseng, Ginseng, Gotu Kola, Guarana,
Lemon Balm, Rosemary, White Willow
• Metabolism – Bee Pollen, Cayenne, Kelp
• Migraines – Blue Vervain, Feverfew, Guarana, Mistletoe
• Mineral Rich - Dulse
• Miscarriages (prevent) - Raspberry
• Mood (Positive) – Damiana, Feverfew
• Morning Sickness – Ginger, Peppermint, Spearmint
• Motion Sickness – Ginger, Paprika, Peppermint
• Mouth Health – Black Walnut, Caraway, Goldenseal (mouthwash/gargle),
Linden (gargle), Myrrh, Paprika (gargle), Periwinkle, Raspberry (rinse),
Sage, White Oak (mouthwash), Witch Hazel (gargle)
• Multiple Sclerosis – Elder Berries
• Muscle Pain/Cramps – Arnica, Black Cohosh, Blue Cohosh, Comfrey,
Cramp Bark, Frankincense (salve), Lemon Grass (bath), Oregano, Passion
Flower, Scullcap, White Willow, Wintergreen, Wood Betony
• Muscle Relaxant – Black Haw, Hops, Kava Kava, Lobelia, Passion Flower,
• Muscles (strengthens) – Oat Straw
• Nail Health – Horsetail, Kelp
• Nausea – Anise, Basil, Caraway, Cayenne, Cumin, Ginger, Lavender, Lemon
Balm, Lemon Verbena, Nutmeg, Orange Peel, Oregano, Papaya, Patchouli,
Peach, Pennyroyal, Peppermint, Prickly Ash, Red Bush Rooibos Tea,
Raspberry, Sage, Spearmint, Wild Cherry, Wild Yam, Wormwood
• Nerve Pain – Arnica, Burdock, Devils Claw, Scullcap
• Nervous Disorders – Black Haw, Blue Vervain, Borage, Damiana, Gotu Kola,
Hops, Lemon Grass, Mistletoe, Oat Straw, Periwinkle, Poppy, Rosemary,
Spearmint, Spikenard, Wood Betony
• Neuralgia – Guarana, Oat Straw, Rosemary, Wood Betony
• Nightmares – Wood Betony
• Night Sweats – Sage, Strawberry
• Oral Health – Black Walnut, Caraway, Goldenseal (mouthwash/gargle),
Linden (gargle), Myrrh, Paprika (gargle), Periwinkle, Raspberry (rinse),
Sage, White Oak (mouthwash), Witch Hazel (mouthwash)
• Pain – Black Haw, Boneset, Catnip, Cayenne Pepper, Ginger, Kudzu,
Mushroom-Cordyceps, Maitake, Reishi, Shitake, Poppy, St. John’s Wort,
White Willow, Wild Lettuce, Wood Betony
Pancreas Health – Gentian
Parasites/Worms – Cape Aloes, Barberry, Basil, Black Walnut, Buckthorn,
Cascara Sagrada, Chaparral, Elecampane, Garlic, Gentian, Mugwort, Pau
d’Arco, Quassia, Rhubarb, Senna, Wood Betony, Wormwood
• Pelvic Pain - Rosemary
• Perfume/Potpourri – Frankincense, Orris, Patchouly
• Pleurisy – Borage, Lobelia, Pleurisy, Poppy
• PMS – Black Cohosh, Blue Cohosh, Blue Vervain, Dong Quai, Feverfew,
Siberian Ginseng, Valerian
• Pneumonia - Pleurisy
• Postpartum – Black Haw, Cramp Bark
• Pregnancy Tonic – Strawberry
• Prolapsed Organs – Black Walnut
• Prostate Health – Cleavers, Corn Silk, Damiana, Dong Quai, Nettle Root,
Parsley, Pau d’Arco, Saw Palmetto, Uva Ursi
• Psoriasis - Blue Violet, Cleavers, Dandelion, Oregon Grape, Sarsaparilla,
• Radiotherapy – Ginseng
• Rashes – Calendula, Linden (as a compress), Spikenard, Strawberry
• Relaxation – Kava Kava, Linden (as a bath), Motherwort, Passion Flower,
Scullcap, Wild Yam
• Reproductive Systems (Male & Female) – Bee Pollen, Saw Palmetto
• Reproductive Tonic (Female) – Blue Cohosh, Chaste Tree Berries, Dong
• Respiratory Health – Anise, Black Cohosh, Blood Root, Blue Vervain,
Cayenne, Chickweed, Elecampane, Eucalyptus, Eyebright, Fenugreek,
Goldenseal, Licorice, Mullein, Myrrh, Olive Leaf, Peach, Red Clover, Red
Root, Slippery Elm, Thyme, Yerba Santa
• Rheumatism – Black Cohosh, Buchu, Frankincense (salve), Gravel Root,
Queen of the Meadow, Hydrangea, Mate (Yerba), Mistletoe, Mustard (as a
tea, poultice), Oat Straw, Prickly Ash, Sarsaparilla, Sassafras, Spikenard,
Strawberry, Tansy (compress), White Pine, Wintergreen
• Rheumatoid Arthritis – Ginseng
• Ring Worm – Barberry, Basil (skin wash), Sarsaparilla, Sheep Sorrel
• Saliva Secretion (excessive) - Sage
• Scabies - Poke
• Scalp (oily) - Sage
• Sciatica – St. John’s Wort
• Sedative – Black Haw, Fennel, Kava Kava, Pennyroyal (mild), Scullcap, St.
• Sexual Function/Stamina – Damiana, Horny Goat Weed, Korean Ginseng,
Maca, Tongkat Ali, Yohimbe
• Shingles – Lemon Balm (topical), Oat Straw, Poke
• Sinusitis/Sinus Congestion – Bayberry, Blood Root, Eyebright, Garlic,
Ginger, Horseradish, Lemon Verbena, Mullein, Myrrh, Myrtle, Sage, Yerba
• Skin Health/Care – Arrowroot, Barberry, Bayberry, Blood Root (skin wash),
Blue Violet, Burdock, Calendula, Chaparral, Chickweed, Comfrey, Gotu
Kola, Horsetail, Kelp, Olive Leaf, Oregon Health, Patchouly, Pau d’Arco,
Pennyroyal (topical), Peppermint, Poke, Red Bush Rooibos Tea (wash),
Sassafras, Spikenard, Tansy (astringent), White Oak, Yarrow (wash), Yellow
• Sleeplessness – Catnip, Hops, Kava Kava, Lavender (bath), Lemon Balm,
Lemon Verbena, Linden, Oat Straw, Passion Flower, Poppy, Red Bush
Rooibos Tea, Spikenard, Valerian, Wild Lettuce
• Sore Throat – Bayberry, Coltsfoot, Echinacea (gargle), Eucalyptus,
Goldenseal, Heal All (gargle), Horehound, Hyssop, Lemon Verbena,
Mullein, Mustard (gargle), Periwinkle, Poppy, Red Root, Rosemary (gargle),
Sage, Thyme (gargle), White Oak (gargle), White Pine, Wintergreen (gargle)
• Spasms – Black Cohosh, Caraway, Catnip, Cramp Bark, Cumin, Feverfew,
Lemon Verbena, Linden, Mistletoe, Oat Straw, Pennyroyal, Pleurisy,
• Spleen Health – Astragalus, Barberry, Gentian, Red Root
• Sprains – Buchu (compress), Tansy (compress), Witch Hazel (wash), Yucca
• Stamina – Astragalus, Korean Ginseng, Kola Nut, Mate (Yerba)
• Staph Infections – Psyllium Seed Husk Powder, Charcoal (activated) •
Stiffness - Kudzu
Stimulant – Guarana, Kola Nut
Stomachache/Upset– Gentian, Lemon Verbena, Peppermint, Wintergreen,
• Stomach Tonic – Calamus, Juniper, Lavender, Peach, Pennyroyal, Quassia,
Saffron, Slippery Elm, Spearmint, Strawberry
• Stomach Ulcers – Irish Moss, Marshmallow, Licorice, Red Bush Rooibos Tea
• Stool Softener – Slippery Elm
• Stress – Blue Vervain, Catnip, Korean Ginseng, Ginseng, Hawthorn, Hops,
Kava Kava, Lavender, Lemon Balm, Licorice, Linden, Oat Straw, Poppy,
Rosehips, Rosemary, Scullcap, Valerian, Wild Lettuce, Wood Betony
• Sugar Cravings – Stevia
• Sunburn – Tansy (compress)
• Swelling/Inflammation – Spikenard, Wintergreen (hot compress, bath),
Witch Hazel (wash)
• Tension – Hops, Kava Kava, Lavender (as a bath), Lemon Balm,
Motherwort, Peppermint, Poppy, Rosemary, Scullcap, Valerian, Wild
• Throat Irritations – Kelp, Marshmallow, Myrrh, Raspberry (gargle),
Slippery Elm (gargle), Witch Hazel (gargle)
• Thrush – Basil (skin wash), Black Walnut, Pau d’Arco
• Thyroid Health – Bladderwrack, Kelp
• Tinnitus (Ringing in Ear) – Ginkgo Biloba combined with Turmeric
• Tissue Repair - Comfrey
• Tonic – Elder, Fo-Ti, Nettle, Pau d’Arco, Red Clover, Slippery Elm
• Tonsillitis – Bayberry, Black Walnut (gargle), Lemon Verbena, Red Root,
White Oak (gargle), White Pine
•Toxins (Removes) – Burdock
Triglycerides – Cinnamon, Fenugreek
• Tumors – Poke, Sheep Sorrel (poultice)
• Ulcers – Blue Violet, Fenugreek Seed (tea), Licorice (tea), Slippery Elm
• Upper Respiratory – Boneset, Blue Vervain, Licorice, Peach, Red Root,
• Urinary Tract Health – Bilberry, Buchu, Celery Seed, Chickweed, Cleavers,
Coriander, Corn Silk, Cranberry, Damiana, Elder, Goldenseal, Horseradish,
Horsetail, Oregon Grape, Parsley, Rosehips, Sarsaparilla, Saw Palmetto,
Stone Root, Uva Ursi
• Uterine Cramps – Cramp Bark, Pennyroyal
• Uterus – Raspberry, Spikenard
• Vaginitis – Periwinkle, Witch Hazel (douche)
• Varicose Veins – Butcher’s Broom, Prickly Ash, Shepherd’s Purse, White
Oak (wash, compress, tea)
• Venous (Vein) Health – Stone Root
• Vertigo – Ginkgo Biloba, Ginger, Butchers Broom, Wood Betony
• Viral Infections – Garlic, St. John’s Wort
• Vitality – Alfalfa, Korean Ginseng
• Vitamin C – Acerola Berry, Camu Camu, Rosehips
• Vomiting – Carob, Lavender, Nutmeg, Peppermint, Red Bush Rooibos Tea,
• Water Retention – Cleavers, Gravel Root, Queen of the Meadow, Hydrangea,
Mate (Yerba), Oregano, Peach, Spikenard
Weight Loss – Cinnamon, Garcinia Cambogia, Ginger, Guggul, Dandelion,
Mate (Yerba), Psyllium, Tea (Green)
Wheezing - Hyssop
• Whooping Cough - Thyme
• Workout Recovery – Bee Pollen
• Wounds (external) – Bentonite Clay, Cleavers, Frankincense (salve), Heal
All, Periwinkle, Shepherd’s Purse, Spikenard, Yarrow, Yucca
• Wrinkles – Bee Pollen
HOW TO “DO IT YOURSELF”
Infusions (Herbal Teas)
Herbal infusions are essentially herbal teas, also known as tisanes. You can make
herbal tea yourself by simply infusing the aerial parts of herbs (including the
flowers, stems, and leaves) in water.
• If using dried herbs: use 1-2 teaspoons of dried herb for each cup (16 ounces).
Steep the herbs for 10 minutes in water
that has just been boiled. Then strain the infusion.
• If using fresh herbs: use 3 teaspoons of the fresh plant parts per each pint of
water. Make the same way as above, and strain.
• You can make the concoction in cup-sized doses or larger teapot doses. If
using for medicinal value, the infusion should be consumed in 8-12 ounce doses,
three times a day.
• For storage: cover mixture, store in a cool place, and use within 24 hours.
A decoction is also similar to an infusion, and necessary when using tougher plant
material like herbal roots, barks, seeds, berries, and stems. These parts need to have
their active components extracted in a more intense process.
• Chop up the plant material thinly. Use 1-2 teaspoons of the dried herbs for 1
½ pints of water.
• Place the herbs in a saucepan with the water, and boil the decoction.
• Simmer the mixture until the volume of the liquid has been reduced by about
a third. This will take about 15 minutes.
• Strain the mixture.
• The decoction should be used in three wine-glass-sized doses throughout the
day. It should be stored in a pitcher in a cool place.
• The decoction can be reheated and flavored with a little honey if desired.
A tincture is a liquid herbal preparation in which the active ingredient of an herb is
extracted with alcohol. Tinctures can be prepared in large volumes and stored for a
long time, available at hand to be used in quick preparations of infusions, creams,
and other herbal recipes.
Vodka is a good choice to use since it is more tasteless than most other
alcohol. A standard herbal tincture should have 1 fluid ounce of pure alcohol
for every 3 ounces of water; essentially 25% alcohol.
• You can prepare a tincture using either dried or fresh herbs, but be sure to
cut the herbs into small pieces first.
• If using dried herbs: put 8 ounces of the dried herb into a large, glass jar and
pour in 1 ½ pints of the liquid mixture. If using powder, 1 oz. of powder to 5
oz. of liquid mixture – a 1:5 ratio.
• If using fresh herbs: you will need three times as much of the herb. Use 1 1/2
pounds of the herb for 1 1/2 pints of the liquid mixture. Put herbs and
mixture in a large, glass jar.
• Store the jar in a cool, dark place for at least two weeks. Make sure to shake
the mixture every day.
• Filter the mixture through a wine press, cheesecloth bag, coffee filter, or fine
cloth, capturing the tincture liquid below in another container.
• Store the tincture in clean, dark glass containers, out of the sun. If stored
properly the tincture will be preserved for two or more years.
You can make an herbal infusion, decoction, or tincture into a syrup, using sugar or
honey as a preservative. Herbal syrups are soothing for coughs, sore throats, and
other common respiratory ailments.
• First make an infusion, decoction, or tincture according to the above
directions, and strain.
• For each pint of liquid add one pound of unrefined sugar or honey.
• Stir mixture together in a saucepan and boil until the sugar or honey has
dissolved completely. The mixture has become syrup at this point.
• Let the syrup cool.
• Store the syrup in dark, glass bottles capped with a cork or another
nonsealing lid. It is important that the syrup is not kept in a tightly sealed
container because as the syrup begins to ferment it may cause the bottle to
• Store in the refrigerator.
Like herbal tea, a glass of tonic wine is a delicious way to intake herbal remedies.
Using root remedies of tonic herbs like ginger or licorice can be a refreshing remedy
for ailments. Choose a tonic herb to suit your needs and then begin preparation.
• Fill a large glass pot, jar, or vat with your chosen tonic herb.
• Pour in a good quality red wine, covering the herbs.
• Leave the mix for at least 2 weeks.
• Filtering out the liquid, drink the mixture in one sherry-sized glass (2-3 fluid
ounces) dose per day.
• As you pour out the liquid, keep adding more red wine to cover the herb so it
doesn't get moldy.
• This mixture will last you for several months, as the wine continues to extract
the active components of the herbal roots, before the herbs will need to be
You can make multi-purpose herbal oils that can be used for cooking or massaging
into sore body parts. Herbal oils can be prepared through either cold or hot
infusion. You can select any kind of vegetable oil to extract the active constituents
from the herbs, the best being olive, canola, sesame, and almond oils.
Herb Oil Recipe
5 sprigs of fresh rosemary (substitute thyme, tarragon, oregano).
3 bay leaves
2 cups extra-virgin Greek Olive Oil.
Place rosemary and bay leaves in a sterilized jar or bottle with
tight fitting lid. Add olive oil and seal. Store oil in a cool, dark
place for a few weeks until ready to use. Enjoy!!
Cold Oil Infusion
• Obtain a large jar with a tightly sealing lid, and fill it compactly with herb
flowers or leaves.
• Pour in the oil, covering the herbs, and screw on the lid.
• Place jar on a sunny window sill for about a month. Remember to shake the
• Strain the mixture, capturing the oil in another container.
• Transfer the oil into a dark bottle, and store in a cool, dark place.
Hot Oil Infusion
• For dried herbs: for each 2 cups of oil use 1 cup of dried herbs.
• For fresh herbs: for each 2 cups of oil use 2 cups of fresh herbs.
• Prepare a glass bowl over a pot of simmering water. Place the herbs and oil
in the glass bowl.
• Heat mixture slowly over low heat for about 3 hours.
• Strain into a bowl. Let the oil cool, then transfer into dark, glass bottles
sealed with a cap. Store in a cool, dark place.
You can make herbal skin cream with a simple recipe, combining herbs of your
choice with an emulsifying cream.
• Melt about 2 tablespoons of emulsifying cream in a bowl placed over a pot of
• Add one large tablespoon of dried herbs to the mixture. Stir slowly until you
see the cream taking on the color of the herbs.
• Remove the mixture from heat and strain. Squeeze out the remaining liquid
from the clump.
• Allow the cream to cool in a glass bowl.
• Spoon the cream into small, dark bottles, and store in a cool, dark place.
Cream will be preserved for use for up to one year.
Salves and Ointments
Choose herbs with healing, soothing properties to prepare your own salves and
ointments to apply to sore skin and wounds. Simply combine an infused oil with
chosen herbs and beeswax.
• Pour 3-4 fluid ounces of an infused oil into a glass bowl, and place over a pot
of boiling water.
• Add a small, square piece of beeswax to the infused oil, stirring constantly
until the wax has completely melted. The beeswax will thicken the mixture,
giving it just the right consistency.
• Pour the warm liquid into small, dark ointment jars.
• Store in a cool, dark place.
• Alfalfa ... detox the liver, purify the blood, aids digestion
• Aloe ... colon cleanser, wound care
• Arnica ... wound care, pain reduction
• Astragalus ... lowers blood pressure, kennel cough
• Black Walnut ... expels internal parasites and tapeworms
• Borage ... calms nerves, adrenal glands
• Burdock ... cleans and rebuilds the blood
• Calendula ... minor first aid situations
• Cascara Sagrada ... nature's answer for a laxative
• Catnip ... soothes nerves, fever
• Cat's Claw ... helps tumors, arthritis, allergies, respiratory infections
• Cayenne ... blood stimulant, insect repellent
• Chamomile ... anti-spasmodic and sedative
• Chaparral ... blood and liver disorders
• Chickweed ... sooth upper digestive tract
• Cleavers ... tonic for lymphatic system
• Coltsfoot ... use for respiratory ailments
• Comfrey ... aids in healing of burns, skin ulcers, cuts
• Corn Silk ... heals chronic urinary problems
• Couch Grass ... leaves are eaten by dogs to induce vomiting, laxative
• Dandelion ... cleans blood and liver
• Devil's Claw ... use for arthritis, liver and gallbladder complaints
• Dill ... improves appetite, digestion and flatulence
• Echinacea ... nature's antibiotic
• Elderberry ... bruises and sprains
• Eucalyptus ... respiratory conditions
• Fennel ... calm stomach cramps
• Feverfew ... help joint pain
• Flax ... soothes the digestive tract, repress tumors
• Ginger ... stimulant, eases stomach and bowel pains
• Ginkgo ...helps to have better blood flow to the brain
• Ginseng ... eliminate exhaustion and weakness
• Goldenseal ... antibiotic, ringworm
• Gotu Kola ... skin problems, arthritic inflammation, antioxidant
• Gravel Root ... expels small kidney and bladder stones from the urinary tract
• Hawthorn ... treats heart and circulation, heartworm prevention
• Hops ... good for separation anxiety, hyper-excitability
• Horsetail ... helps scar tissue, skin, coat, teeth and nails
• Kava Kava ... helps nervous disorders, muscle spasms
• Kelp ... helps with thyroid
• Lavender ... nervous system, joints, tick repellent
• Licorice ... use for expectorant, coughs
• Marshmallow ...treat bacterial infections
• Milk Thistle ... work with liver problems
• Mullein ... helps relieve congestion
• Nettles ... helps with rheumatism, arthritis and skin disorders
• Oat Straw ... good for aging or debilitated animals, nervousness and mental
• Parsley ... blood strengthener
• Peppermint ... gas and indigestion
• Plantain ... stops bleeding, relieves diarrhea
• Raspberry ... strengthens uterus, laxative
• Red Clover ... blood cleansing, anti-tumor
• Rose ... excellent for muscular pains, burns, minor wounds, insect bites
• Rosemary ... relieves flatulent, antioxidant, digestive problems
• Sage ... treat and prevent gingivitis, gastric cramping
• Saint John's Wort ... helps depression, ear infections
• Sheep Sorrel ... cleans blood
• Shepherd's Purse ... minor urinary system bleeding
• Skullcap ... use for epilepsy, nervous tension, anxiety
• Slippery Elm ... helps GI tract or urinary inflammation for young, old and
• Thyme ... raspy coughs, asthma
• Turkish Rhubarb ... cleans blood
• Turmeric ... fix excess cholesterol in the blood, candida
• Uva Ursi ... improves urinary tract, skin
• Valerian ... calms nervousness and excitement
• Wormwood ... expels worms, skin rinse for bacterial or fungal infections
• Yarrow ... stops internal bleeding
• Yew ... helps joint problems, arthritis, skin problems
• Yellow Dock ... stimulates liver function, anemia
• Yucca ... use as a laxative, diuretic and antiseptic, ulcers, pain reliever